Mark Zuckerberg Forum

Last Friday, Nomen Global students joined over 10,000 other people in the Marriott Center at BYU to listen to the founder and CEO of the global social networking site, Facebook. Mark Zuckerberg joined Utah's Senator Hatch to discuss technology, education, entrepreneurship, and passion.


Facebook
Mark Zuckerberg explained what he did to create Facebook and what people need to be successful. As a sophomore at Harvard, Zuckerberg created Facebook for only Harvard students. When other colleges started requesting the social networking site, Facebook exploded! Facebook is now a worldwide sensation with over 600 million users!


Passion and Success
More important than Facebook's popularity, passion is one of the traits Zuckerberg says is critical for success. "You have to really love and believe in what you're doing. I think that's the most important thing.... Most people have something that they're super passionate about, and I'd encourage you guys to find that thing." Zuckerberg reminded us that creating Facebook was not easy, but his love for what he did pulled him through. "I think it's important if you're going to take on any big challenge that you just love and really have faith in what you're doing."


Nomen Global Students
Yunwoo: "It was awesome! He gave me inspiration. Big things start as just small things. Also, even though he is rich, he was dressed very casually. I think he's very humble."

Dane: "I was so impressed. Even though he is young like me, he is already rich. His speech really moved me. I  want to find passion for my dreams and what I am doing."

Nayoung: "It was great to see him speak frankly. I admire his passion that helped him create Facebook."

Eduardo: "I think Mark is genius and I love him." 


Upcoming Activities
Comedy Sportz
Join us on April 8th to see the most popular laugh-out-loud comedy troupe in Provo! Students at Nomen Global will have the chance to interact with the comedians on stage, creating a truly one-of-a-kind show!

Spring Picnic
Springtime in Utah  beckons Nomen Global students to take English outside for some fun in the mountains! On April 22nd, we will spend some time with nature on a picnic with food, games, and beautiful weather!

Nomen Global students are located in an epicenter of impressive opportunities. In addition to seeing famous people, like Mark Zuckerberg, we experience a host of other great things to do and people to meet. Find out more about Nomen Global and the activities we take part in on our website!

No comments:

Post a Comment